Last Night: John Mayer


I went to see John Mayer play at Madison Square Garden last Thursday. It's a tradition for me really, since I've been listening to his music for about 10 years. Even though I don't really like him that much any more, I do enjoy his live shows.

Michael Franti & Spearhead (above) opened with forty minutes of reggae-pop tunes. Lot of fun, pretty solid set.


(Is this why that VW show sold out instantly?)


JM came on twenty minutes late and played for a little less than two hours. Not much to say. He's a great live performer. The set was mostly comprised of songs from his back catalogue (of, em, higher quality albums than the newest addition). And to top it off, he ran Half of my Heart in a cover of Fleetwood Mac's Dreams.

Setlist

Heartbreak Warfare
Crossroads (Eric Clapton cover)
Vultures
No Such Thing
Perfectly Lonely
Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
Assassin
My Stupid Mouth/Daughters/3x5
Ain't No Sunshine (Whens She's Gone) (Bill Withers cover)
Waiting On The World To Change
Bigger Than My Body
Half of My Heart / Dreams (Fleetwood Mac cover)
Why Georgia
Gravity
Encore:
Who Says
Friends, Lovers or Nothing

No comments: